Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
This compact and affordable 5.8x zoom NIKKOR lens offers remarkable versatility and covers a broad focal range of 18 to 105mm. When mounted on any DX-format Nikon digital SLR camera, the picture angle is equivalent to that produced by a 27 to 157.5mm focal length lens on a 35mm-format film camera or Nikon FX-format camera.
An ultra-compact SWM built into the lens body ensures fast, quiet and accurate autofocus operation and complements the compact design for superb handling. Nikon's VR function, specifically engineered for each NIKKOR lens, gives photographers the ability to shoot handheld at shutter speeds up to three stops* slower than would otherwise be possible. The VR function helps minimize image blur caused by camera shake, delivering dramatically sharper pictures especially in low light conditions such as in interiors and at dusk. The VR function also stabilizes the camera's viewfinder image, making composition easier and more comfortable.
This new high-power zoom lens is the latest addition to the DX-NIKKOR lens lineup, offering photographers a convenient single-lens solution to a broad range of photographic needs, ranging from wide-angle landscapes and interiors to portraiture and medium-range sports.
Featuring a newly designed optical system with an ED glass element along with an advanced aspherical lens element, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR provides excellent image reproduction capability, delivering high-resolution, high-contrast images while minimizing chromatic aberration. The rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural while Nikon's Super Integrated Coating ensures outstanding colour balance and reproduction while greatly reducing ghosting and flare.Major Features:
- DX-format, high-power 5.8x zoom lens with focal length ranging from 18 to 105mm
- Broad picture angle range approximates the perspective of a 27-157.5mm lens on a 35mm-format film camera or Nikon FX-format digital SLR
- Covers diverse shooting situations from wide-angle landscapes and interiors to portraiture and medium-range sports
- Vibration reduction assures sharper handheld pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Built-in SWM delivers quiet, swift autofocus with superior accuracy
- High-performance optical system featuring an ED glass element and an aspherical lens element realizes superior image reproduction capability
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening renders out-of-focus elements more naturally
- Leather texture matches Nikon digital SLR's body high-quality exterior design
What's in the box:
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- 67mm snap-on front lens cap LC-67
- Rear lens cap LF-1
- Bayonet hood HB-32
- Flexible lens pouch CL-1018
Text issued from the official description provided by the manufacturer.